The pandemic urge to take a vacation right in the middle of surging third wave, is real! Being on a beach with your favourite cocktails or mocktails lined up by your side as you sun-bathe, seems like a far-fetched dream, thanks to Covid. This urge comes to me (and my girlfriends) so often and suddenly that it becomes absolutely unavoidable, ermm it is like trying out the TikTok pasta recipe I HAD to try last year! It is always in the middle of a work day, at the height of my procrastination (wfh day): I’ll dive into the airbnb app, type in GOA and see if I still got it.
Let me check, can I find a direct connection to Goa that leaves tonight? Ooo what about a full-board package with in-room massages! Maybe even turn it into a week-long holiday with the girls like we did last year?
Ofcourse, we happen to be in round three of the global pandemic and booking a trip probably isn’t the best idea right now.. or even for the next few months. The farthest I’m going this winter is to the nearest grocery store or to the running track. But a sleep-deprived and burnt-out girl needs to dream, and in my childhood home lies a bathtub where I can escape to and feed my soul until my next beach trip. So, join me as I plan a “beach vacay,” all from the hottest destination in the pandemic, the bathroom!
- Coconut/Bamboo dry brushing is the closest you can get to the grainy exfoliation of sandy shores. Brown Living has many options, but my pick is Almitra Sustainable Dry Body brush with a handle. Apply a few drops of coconut oil on your body and massage away with the brush! After all, what’s a beach vacation without coconuts?
- Make a face cocktail! While you might not have all the right mixers to make your favourite cocktails, you can choose to make yourself a face cocktail. As you search for a perfect Spotify playlist while you soak (my list is called Indie), treat your body to cocktails of its own. If you’re the Pina Colada kind of a drinker then enrobe yourself with the Bomb Cosmetics Pinacolada Shower Butter which smells so heavenly that even typing it out makes me drool. For your round number two (vacation calls for at least 2 rounds of drinks), reach for Tjori Pulpy Papaya & Rose Face Scrub that hits your nose with the sweet aromas of papaya and rose.
- I smell something beachy! What’s a beach vacation without taking in the balmy aromas of the beach? Get your beach fix from the Juicy Pineapple Premium Soy Wax Candle. As soon as you light it, the decadent smell sweeps you through a tropical paradise.
- Take a dip in the warm ocean water with some homemade bath salts. Simply add 1 cup of Epsom salt, sea salt, or table salt for a standard-size bathtub. Pour the salt into the warm running bath water and use your hand to stir the water to help dissolve all the grains. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes. Mix 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oil (I recommend An Ocean Breeze On A Warm Summer Day). If you’re too lazy to make one then you can get Aqua Bath Salt online.
- Beach vacay calls for beach facing or in-room Spa days! It should be illegal to end a beach vacay without getting at least a few massages! Pamper the goddess/god you are with a nice massage because you deserve it! Be your own muse (if you’re not one already) with Glow relaxing oil packed with the goodness of avocado and jojoba oils. Kiss you beach vacay a smooth good bye by slugging some Agave Lip Balm, Natural